I haven’t been keeping track of word count this month.
About halfway through the month, after a rejection and a long talk with Eric, I decided that quality was suffering for quantity. Instead, I kept track of what I did, scene-wise. Spent a lot of time doing rewrites, but Divine Fire did grow by nearly 6000 words.
- Began the month by working on several clean-up edits and rewriting “Ricard Gaining Marie’s Trust.” Happy with that scene for the moment.
- Spent over a week screwing around with “Transfer of Information.” Wrote 500 words, got stuck, talked to Eric about it, deleted it, wrote 1000 words on it, agreed that I should talk to Eric more because the first 500 words wouldn’t have been written in the first place.
- Reworked “Balito’s First Scene.” I’m making an effort to be more active in my writing, trying to get away from my passive style.
- Re-read, had Eric read, edited and added “Marie in Lys” to the manuscript.
- Reworked existing “Party Scenes” and added a second one from Marie’s POV reflecting recent minor plot changes. Eric still need to read these.
- Did minor reworking of “Sneaking Around,” Eric need to read that too.
As I mentioned above, I’m trying to get away from my very passive style of writing. In order to this, I’m trying to tailor my fiction reading to teach me some lessons. I read two books and several excerpts with these goals in mind. Particularly was aware of the pacing of sentences and descriptive detail.
- Sent Lucinda at the Window to a new market. No reply yet.
- Received a rejection on “Wicked, but Effective.” Sent it back out.
- Received a rejection on Pas de Chat. Need to get her out to a new batch of agents.
- Free writing – 20/30 days
- Associated Content Article written and published: Saw Apologist
Never did get around to that short story. Probably won’t unless I decide to work on it on the weekends. And I probably won’t then because I’m either DMing or working on HTML / CSS stuff.
- Finish up reworking Divine Fire scenes. There’s one scene at least that’s going to need a solid rewrite. I’d like to get one brand new from scratch scene done.
- Send Pas de Chat back out to agents.
- At least one AC article.
- Daily free writing.