Short Story #5:
“404 Error” by David Such via Science Fiction Story of the Day
Flash fiction. A little ‘what if’ tale, unfortunately of the kind I don’t appreciate. I’m not big on the philosophy of consciousness, and I doubt that artificial intelligence will spontaneously occur in a system where direct input is needed. The ‘connections’ being made by the internet do not strike me as being particularly meaningful to the survival of the system.
*** *** *** *** ***
Need to get to work. I’ll probably scare up some crappy horror movie to run as background.
Lots of rewriting this month.
- Started the month by continuing to make my writing more active with attention on Balito’s scenes. Did work on 4 scenes.
- Wrote a new scene in which Neltiar gives an explanation to Danielle.
- Eric and I talked about what motivations and moods each scene should have. Did work to 20 of 26 scenes.
- Started work on a scene about investigating Biv. Had to do some work on previous scenes to set it up. Completely rewrote one scene from a different POV.
- Researched markets for Joanne.
- Did some work on rewriting Joanne’s cover letter.
Otherwise, no replies back, no ms out.
This month was pretty much taken over by Divine Fire. I didn’t get around to sending Joanne back out (which I should) or writing an AC article (which isn’t really a big deal). Divine Fire should be my main concern.
Fix the “Giddy” scene. Finding some reading material that has some good giddy in it.
- I can’t imagine there’s more rewriting to be done (she says tempting fate) so at least three new scenes.
- Get Joanne out the door.
- Continue to do lots of active reading.