I didn’t set any goals for Divine Fire at the beginning of August and instead concentrated on going week by week. I found that having holdovers from week to week to be frustrating and a little depressing. This is what I got done:
- Made changes to Saprio’s offer to Harro.
- Finished changes to Ricard’s morning.
- Reordered, rewrote, reevaluated Hiram’s scenes. (I had forgotten I’d done this in August.)
- Made changes to use of apothos (involving surfanctant).
- Made changes to the dock scenes, but alas, I’m still working on this one.
- Fixed Tomaso’s introduction.
Kicking around an idea for a short story once again. As usual, it probably won’t be written.
Free writing: 26/31 days. Been using a Seinfeldian Chain to keep track of Free Writing, so far, it’s helping.
- I queried, received a response (no), and sent Lucinda back out.
- As was stated last week, I got a response (no) on “Eaters of Dust,” sent it back out, got a less than 24 hour response (no), and have looked for other markets. I’m going to send that piece back out the door in a moment, the market I want just opened again yesterday.
Got very little reading done.
I’m still very distracted by the newness of our situation. Can’t seem to do much before something else takes my attention away from it or, in the case of reading, fall asleep. I need to work on setting a proper amount of time for doing things, and then doing those things the entire time. I added a punch-card gadget to igoogle. When I start an activity I punching in, punch out when I stop. Last week from Monday 11am (when I found the gadget) to Friday noon (when I gave up on work), this is the breakdown of how I spent my time:
|Activity||Start Date||Hours Spent||Minutes Spent|
|Work||27 Aug 2007 10:57 (Mon)||8hours and 21minutes||501|
|VOTS||27 Aug 2007 10:55 (Mon)||7hours and 29minutes||449|
|Online Reading||27 Aug 2007 10:55 (Mon)||6hours and 48minutes||408|
|Chores||27 Aug 2007 10:58 (Mon)||3hours and 26minutes||206|
|Other Writing||27 Aug 2007 14:47 (Mon)||1hour and 28minutes||88|
|Other Reading||28 Aug 2007 14:53 (Tue)||1hour and 25minutes||85|
The amount of time spent on VOTS will go down after this week when registration and draft is done. That I only worked eight hours is kind of sad though…