I really haven’t been very productive since the first half of the second quarter (May). Even with the best circumstances, summers are hard on me and this one was no exception.
Luck for Hire
Edited through over half of it. It’s needed more work than I thought it would.* We’ve changed the nature of several relationships as well as the tone of Luck’s luck. The manuscript is still hovering around 56K words.
Obviously, I need to finish this draft/editing pass.
* Statement of fact, not an excuse for lack of performance.
Lucinda at the Window
Tessa has created a cover. Other than that I have done no work on it, and criminally, no work for Tessa other than a base web page for her photography. To be fair, she said she was going to get a CD of images to me and hasn’t yet. I have a feeling she’s gotten as busy as I’ve gotten lazy.
Today, I did some research on ebooks. I’m digesting all the info and making up a list of what needs to be done. I’m shooting for a Hallowe’en-ish launch of both the book and Tessa’s webpage. (I still wonder if that’s a reasonable goal. RoW80 peeps, if you have some thoughts on that matter let me know.)
Five submissions of four short pieces. A couple markets I’m interested in are opening again in October, so I’ve been sitting a piece for a week or two.
Submitted Model Species to four agents. Again, I need to get back to averaging at least that many a month. It’s ’round about time to do some new research too.
RoW80, Round 4
I’m in, though at the moment my goals aren’t entirely concrete. I need to do more than just this editing pass on Luck for Hire, but I’m not sure what else. Eric and I will talk.
Also, I have not been on Twitter much. I know that’s a valuable component, but I can’t guarantee that I’ll get back other than for auto-posts. It’s just to noisy for me for the moment. I will definitely make the effort to comment on posts. Lucky for me, Mr. Linky is Twitter agnostic.