Looking for a fun, low-stress reading challenge? Katrina at Callapidder Days is hosting Spring Reading Thing. Make your list, link your link, read your books, wrap it up! The challenge runs from March 20th to June 20th!
Here’s my list for Spring Thing 2012:
I’ve been reading at least one short work a week which means that by the end of April I should finish People of the Book: A Decade of Jewish Science Fiction (5 stories left). Next up isThe Barnum Museum by Steven Millhauser. I should be able to read most of it (10 stories) during Spring Reading Thing. I’m also reading the available Nebula award nominees. The winners will be announced May 19th. I might be able to finish the short stories and novelettes by then. (4 short stories, 2 novelettes. Haven’t started on the novellas.)
Finish: Moby Duck: The True Story of 28,800 Bath Toys Lost at Sea… by Donovan Hohn (Might be rough since I have to return it to the library on April 2nd and Hohn is *verbose*.)
Read a couple of recent Smashwords acquisitions:
- Bad Luck Officer by Suzie Ivy (Suzie blogs at Bad Luck Detective)
- Through Darkest America-Extended Version by Neal Barrett, Jr. (A reread and an extension of my current curiosity with dystopias.)
- Heaven – The Afterlife Series I by Mur Lafferty (A book for my Heaven, Hell, & Two Ducks challenge.)
And maybe I’ll get to:
- Chocolate & Vicodin by Jennette Fulda
- The Italian Secretary by Caleb Carr
Plus, keep up with my weekly poetry and weekly chapters of George R. R. Martin’s A Clash of Kings.