I don’t have enough to do. This must be the case since I can’t seem to resist signing up for The Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge!
As bitter as I am about Christmas decorations being sold next to my Hollowe’en decorations in October, I really do love Christmas. This will be the first Christmas back in Omaha since Eric & I moved to Arizona, so I’m going to start getting in the spirit this week. I’m also feeling the need to break out of my current reading box and will have quite a bit of time in airports and on planes in December.
This challenge is hosted by Michelle, The True Book Addict, @ The Christmas Spirit blog. There are several levels of participation, but I’m going to shoot for Mistletoe (read 2-4 books) with a little Fa La La La Films (watch a bunch or a few Christmas movies) thrown in. Of course, I can’t do this without being a little bit of a rebel. My reading list thus far:
- Hanukkah Lights: Stories of the Season from NPR’s Annual Holiday Special
- Upon A Midnight Clear by Ian Thomas Healy, a novella
- Bryan Thomas Schmidt’s round up of spec-fic Christmas stories available free on the web.
- Maybe The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror by Christopher Moore
- Maybe Christmas Mischief by Mary Jo Putney, which is about as Christmas conventional as this list gets.
And Die Hard is a Christmas film, right? 😉
Join in the fun! The 2012 Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge runs from December 19th (today!) until January 6th (Twelfth Night).