I had planned to triumphantly announce that I’d reached the 10K mark on this draft.
Nope. Didn’t happen this week.
Eric finished his rewrite/edit of his current novel, Physic, and I gave it a reread. I’m…*wait for it*…not a fast reader, so it took me the better part of the week to read through the ~100K words. I must say, Eric’s rewrite really pulled some story elements together. It’s very cool to see things falling into place as a book gets written.
I tried to work on both projects on Monday-Wednesday, but my brain got just too full of words. It happens sometimes. I finished reading this morning and ended up puttering around with a new WordPress background this afternoon. Occasionally, I need a visual arts break. Voilà! My blog now sports a background with David P. Abbott and Joseffy, the historical hooks into my current writing project. I still don’t have a new title and have been referring to it in my head (to the embarrassment of all involved) as Dave & Joe’s Spiritualist Adventure.
I did add over 3000 word to my draft this week, but I made a bit of a wrong turn during the latest chapter. I’ll need to be corrected before I move on. Currently, I seem to have this rolling writing/revising system going on. I rewrite/revise the last 400-600 hundred words I wrote, which seems to reap an addition 200 words, then I move on to write 400-600 more words. Repeat.
So far, so good.