Despite NaNoWriMo dreams, I didn’t quite get 10K added to the Abbott project. Instead, Eric and I have been working on the Big Damn Plan. By the end of next week, the website should be online and Model Species should be available for download.
# of submissions for Luck for Hire: 6
# of responses: 1
# of submissions for Model Species: 0
# of responses: 1
Other Life Stuff
Basketball season began, signifying the beginning of winter for me. Fall league ended, signifying…uh, a week devoted to setting up winter league and New Year Fest. This is the busy time of year in Phoenix for disc. My team went 0-3 after winning the play-in game, but it was a fun team and my favorite part of finals is catching up with people I don’t see too often. You can’t do that when you’re actually playing in finals.
I have sort of a consternated grimace going on there. Also, I’ve seen several pics of me gripping the disc with both hands after catching. It’s not an action that I’m not conscious of. I find that interesting.
Also, there was Doctor Who‘s 50th anniversary, which I seem to be celebrating until the end of the year.
River City Empire: Tom Dennison’s Omaha by Orville D. Menard
Other Books I Want to Read
- Falling Free by Lois McMaster Bujold
- The Rabbit Back Literature Society by Pasi Ilmari Jaaskelainen
- The Magician’s Assistant by Ann Patchett
- The Troupe by Robert Jackson Bennett
- The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
- The War Magician by David Fisher
- Dream London by Tony Ballantyne
- The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness
- Kindly Inquisitors: The New Attacks on Free Thought by Jonathan Rauch
- The Color of Light by Helen Maryles Shankman
- Trip of the Tongue: Cross-Country Travels in Search of America’s Languages by Elizabeth Little
- The Blackheath Seance Parlour by Alan Williams
- Affinity by Sarah Waters