Hosted by April and Tabitha at My Shelf Confessions – The Wicked Valentine’s Read-A-Thon is a time when we all get together to dedicate the days of February 7-17 to as much reading as possible. You read as much as you can in order to get yourself a little further through that huge to-read pile!
Eleanor & Park pretty much save the readathon for me. I clocked in 634 pages, but to week was too busy to really get going during this -athon. Better fun next time. 😉
One of the reasons I love WWReadatons is that they start on Friday, encompass two weekends, and end on Monday. Weekends don’t matter as much when you don’t have a 9-to-5, but it’s a psychological thing. Two Weekends in this Readathon! Goals? Gosh, I don’t know. My January daily average was 39 pages. 500 pages for this readathon seems like a weeny goal, but honestly, I don’t need the stress of anything higher. Stress =/= Fun; all I want is a little reading fun.
started on pg. 200
started on pg. 15
started on pg. 30
TBR: couple short stories
Sunday, February 16th
Pages Read Total: 634
Pages Read Today: 166
From: The Woman in White, pg. 479-501, Eleanor & Park 1-143
Notes: Been wanting to read Eleanor & Park for a while and decided on a whim to read it.
Saturday, February 15th
Pages Read Total: 468
Pages Read Today: 70
From: The Woman in White, pg. 456-478 ; “The Singing Tree” by Eric Lustbader, pg. 133-154; Lifted, pg. 15-39
Friday, February 14th
Pages Read Total: 398
Pages Read Today: 78
From: A Feast for Crows, pg. 46-70, The Woman in White, pg. 435-455, “The Singing Tree” by Eric Lustbader, pg. 101-132
Challenges: Cover Lover! And…
Chandra @ Unabridged Bookshelf – Mad Libs Challenge
Directions: This is not your normal Mad Lib, for this Mad Lib you cannot just use any verb, noun, adjective to fill in the blanks, you must use a word from a book title. I thought it would tie in better with the Read-a-thon, and make more hilarious results.
1. Book Boyfriend/Girlfriend (List Title) : Schmendrick the Magician (The Last Unicorn)
2. Verb (List Title) : See (Now You See It . . .)
3. Noun (List Title) : Gondola (The Swan Gondola)
4. Verb (List Title) : Beats (Carter Beats the Devil)
5. Past Tense Verb (List Title) : Invented (Hiding the Elephant: How Magicians Invented the Impossible and Learned to Disappear)
6. Noun (List Title) : Fakir (The Coney Island Fakir: The Magical Life of Al Flosso)
7. Plural Noun (List Title) : Deaths (The Life and Many Deaths of Harry Houdini)
8. Adjective (ex: big, hot, beautiful, gloomy) (List Title) : Ambitious (The Ambitious Card)
9. Noun (List Title) : Cabinet (The Spirit Cabinet)Dear Schmendrick the Magician,I have see but I have not had the gondola to tell you, When I first beats your story, I invented in fakir. I hope you and I will someday be deaths. I would love to give you an ambitious cabinet for Valentine’s Day.Yours TrulyKatherine