The #24in48 readathon will run from 12:01am on Saturday, April 5th until 11:59pm on April 6th. 24 hours of reading in 48 total hours – whether that means 12 hours each day or 8 hours on Saturday and 16 on Sunday or however it best shakes out for you.
Tweet using the hashtag #24in48
I shouldn’t be doing a readathon. I should be writing. But there are so many things I still need to read as research. *cough* Yeah, that’s the ticket!
The plan this weekend is to read. And other duties. 😉 Obviously, I’m not going to get to everything on this list.
Research Reading List
- Excerpts from House of Mystery: The Magic Science of David P. Abbott, Volume One
Chapter 7 – Mediumistic Fortune Telling,pg. 183-186 Chapter 9 – Vest Turning,pg. 191-198 Chapter 10 – An Improved Billet Test,pg 199-203
- “It is easier for some people to believe in egregious poppycock than to accept the fact that they’re capable of being fooled.”~Teller
Addenda – Wireless Electricity for Mediumistic Tricks,pg 210-211 Some Strange Spiritualistic Experiments,pg. 213-214
- The Wonder Girl, pg. 322-367
- Articles in Genii
Joseffy article, Oct 2011,pg. 26-27 Joseffy article, Nov 2011. pg. 32-33 Linking Ring article, Jul. 1983,pg 85-87
Finish Bangs Sisters article, Oct 2005, pg. 95-97 Davenport Bros./Vox Motus article, April 2012,pg. 78-85
- Abbott’s “Extracts from My Own Program” in The Sphinx, Vol. 6 No. 1, March 15, 1907
From personal library
- River City Empire by Orville D. Menard
- Facts, Frauds, and Phantasms by Georgess McHargue
- Magic and Mystery: The Incredible Psychic Investigations of Houdini and Dunninger, pg. 9-51
- Work on Tesla: Inventor of the Electrical Age by W. Bernard Carlson
Work on The Magician’s Study by Tobias Seamon– DNF For Deal Me In, I’ll be reading “16 Mins.” by Eric Lustbader,pg. 13-53 Jim Steinmeyer’s Card Trick Genii, Aug 2011, pg. 60-69
- The Silver Linings Playbook, pg. 10-152
- “I believe in happy endings,” I tell him. “And it feels like this movie has gone on for the right amount of time.”