Hosted by My Shelf Confessions
The Wicked Wildfire Read-A-Thon is a time when we all get together to dedicate the days of July 14-24 to as much reading as possible. You read as much as you can in order to get yourself a little further through that huge to-read pile! We know real life gets in the way and even if you can’t participate more than one day, you’re welcome to join in on the fun!
Had en enjoyable week and a half of reading. Sadly, I missed the Twitter parties and was a little out of it for a few days. Finished two books cover-to-cover, read a long but very enjoyable short story, and made some progress on Great Expectations. Thanks to April & Kat for a fun, laid-back summer reading adventure!
Goals, Reading List, You Know the Drill
Low pressure, I-need-to-get-work-done, but I still want to read with you all too! Here’s some of what I’ll be reading:
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- Vaclav & Lena by Haley Tanner
- “Every Mystery Unexplained” by Lisa Mason, a hefty “short” story for Deal Me In
- For #COYER – Spirit Slate Writing and Kindred Phenomena by William E. Robinson
- Also for #COYER, a few other short stories.
I’m really bad at sticking to lists. Even short ones.
Challenges & Notes
- Sad that Wicked Wildfire is over already. 😦
- Happy that I finished a second book! 🙂
- Did the Tunes This Title challenge! What *does* go with Spirit Slate Writing and Kindred Phenomena?
- DNFed a novel after 14 pages. Too much exposition and know enough knowledge about a subject.
Monday & Tuesday:
- House-sitting & keeping an eye on our nieces. I realized I know very few of my passwords by memory. (WordPress is actually one that I do know!) Not getting much reading done, but that’s mostly due to an arthritis flare-up happening too.
- Read a bit of Great Expectations.
- Took me all day, but read my Deal Me In “short” story.