Readathon Celebration Giveaway!
To celebrate a day of reading, I’m giving away a book from Entangled Continua Publishing. Readathon participation not required! The prize is winner’s choice of:
- (1) signed trade paperback copy of Lucinda at the Window by Katherine Nabity
- (1) signed trade paperback of PHYSIC by Eric Nabity
- (1) signed trade paperback of Luck for Hire by Katherine & Eric Nabity
- (1) ebook combo pack including the expanded editions of Model Species *and* Divine Fire (available in most major formats)
Book descriptions can be found on the sidebar. US shipping only I’m afraid for the physical books.
Readathon Stack & Updates
Also “The Fall of the House of Escher” by Greg Bear, this week’s Deal Me In story.
- Which hour was most daunting for you? I didn’t make it past hour 20. I was sitting straight up in a well-lit room with 80’s music blaring through the headphones, an issue of Hawkeye open, and was happily asleep.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I think light contemporary mysteries are the way to go. Not a genre I know too much about yet. Maybe I’ll have recommendations in April.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Maybe a few less photo-dependent challenges. I guess I’m in the minority, being cell-phone-less, but for me snapping a picture and uploading it is about 10-15 minutes of time.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Everything was nice and smooth, very well run. There was always someone “official” around.
- How many books did you read? Finished one in-progress, read two cover-to-cover, and read a few short stories.
- What were the names of the books you read? The Surprise Party, The Bullet Catch, Penn & Teller’s Cruel Tricks for Dear Friends
- Which book did you enjoy most? Loved The Bullet Catch
- Which did you enjoy least? Was unimpressed with The Surprise Party
- If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? So, when is the next one? Very likely to read again. I might consider hosting a challenge next time.
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Tempe, AZ. Still dark here.
- Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Bullet Catch – It’s the second in a series. The protagonist is a working magician as well as an amateur sleuth.
- Which snack are you most looking forward to? Pumpkin Spice M&Ms. Sorry, world. I love the pumpkin spice trend.
- Tell us a little something about yourself! In the past year, my husband and I have shifted to self-publishing our novels. It’s been a scary, but satisfying endeavor.
- If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? It’s been a few years since I’ve been able to do the whole day. I want to make sure I get up often to move and I want to quickly ditch book that’s not quite working out. I wanted to get a good night’s sleep, but my allergies made that an impossibility. Will probably have to nap later.