- Abbott Project
- 1000 words daily. – In reality, I’m going to be happy with 5000 a week (Mon-Sun). Right now, I’m a little short of that. On Wednesday, I spiffed up my first scene, adding some aspects that had been missing in its first draft. On Friday, I went down a research hole. I googled one Rev. Franklin A. Thomas, who was the pastor at the First Progressive Spiritualist Church in Omaha in 1915. Turns out, Rev. Thomas was quite a figure in spiritualism at that time, writing several books on the subject including one on his own missionary efforts. I’ve spent the last day and a half reading/skimming two of them. It’s possible that there is more narrative behind his comings and goings from Omaha than is immediately evident. I have to decide what I want to infer and what kind of fictional fun this might lead to. The plan today is to write at least 700 and go from there.
- Figure out what images I have that are free, clear, unattached public domain. – No movement.
- Daily free write. – Wrote Thurs. Fri. and Sat.
Reading, related to writing
- The Victorian Internet by Tom Standage (Abbott Project related) – 35% done.
- Or, Linking Rings: William W. Durbin and the Magic and Mystery of America by James David Robenalt (Abbott Project related) – Handed this over to Eric.
- This past week I also read in entirety How to Hold Circles for the Developing Mediumship at Home by Franklin A. Thomas.
- Look for new promo options. / Finish the BIG List and evaluate new venues by the 20th when I run my next promo. – Finished going through the list; I’m now evaluating the new venues and subbing to them where appropriate.
Please, check out how other Round of Words participants are doing with their goals.