In Arizona, in the valley, September is *almost* autumn. The average highs don’t fall below 100F until mid-month, but the days become noticeably shorter. There’s football on the television and fall ultimate frisbee league begins. It is the start of my favorite third of the year and my reading tastes turn darker than usual.
Michelle at Castle Macabre is here to help usher in the season (no pun intended) and, in its tenth year, R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril will be hosted by The Estella Society!
- “Ligeia” by Edgar Allan Poe
- Penny Dreadful and Arthur & George
- “The Cask of Amontillado” by Edgar Allan Poe
- Motherless Child by Glen Hirshberg
- Aliens3 and Event Horizon
- “The Fall of the House of Usher” by Edgar Allan Poe
- “The Little Maid at the Door” by Mary Wilkins Freeman