Round 4, Week 2 Update
Ended up wanting/needing to do some research last week to set some details. I’m writing stories set in 1915 Omaha and, wonderfully, there are newspapers from the era available online. I came across an interesting news story that I want to incorporate into One Ahead #2. Also, since the weather event I need takes place later in the year than I wanted, this will actually probably be One Ahead #3.
- Write First. Five days out of seven, sit down and write for at least an hour before noon. – Total fail after Mon/Tues.
- By EoD Wednesday – Finish edits. – Did this!
- Thursday/Friday: Finish up what scenes I can. Have Eric read on Friday/weekend if he’s available. – Behind on this since I spent a couple days on research.
- Finish updating reference document. – Done! Now to keep it up as I write.
- Not necessarily this week: I was/have been confused about the marital status of one character. He was probably still on his first wife in 1915. Need to change that in One Ahead #1 and in current. – Actually, I still don’t know about June’s wives… I’m back to thinking that his second wife is the better choice. I don’t have any good sources for one way or the other so I’m going to make a judgement call.
Goals for Week 3+:
My goal is to have a first draft of One Ahead #3 by the end of the month and I think that’s still doable. What do I have left?
- Seven scenes. Three of them are already over halfway done.
- Add new element, especially to the first few scenes.
- Timeline clean-up. I probably need to rearrange a few scenes and I need to make sure things are happening on the right day.
- Note clean-up.
My two measurable goals:
- Write First. Five days out of seven, 500 words before noon.
- Make a better list of further story ideas.
The Publishing End
- Do the usual check-ins. – Did fine.
- Finish spiritualism fiction shelf. – This was low-priority to start with…
- Set up week-in-advance promo stuff for Lucinda at the Window. – Done!
Goals for Week 3:
- Do the usual check-ins.
- Attend to Lucinda at the Window promo on Saturday.
- Work on spiritualism fiction shelf on Riffle.
- Get some sort of cardio (30+ mins) three times a week. Unfortunately, there’s no league game this week. But maybe Eric and I will start running intervals again. – Played ultimate on Wednesday and worked out on Friday. Not planning on anything today.
Goal for Week 3:
- Get some sort of cardio (30+ mins) three times a week.