Round 4, Week 4 Update
Finished the first draft of One Ahead #2 (or #3, or whatever) last night. It’s only 18,750 which is lighter than I expected. I think there’s probably some aspect that still needs bolstering. I’m going to give the last two scenes a reread this morning and then turn it over to Eric.
- Write First. Five days out of seven, 1 hour of work/500 words before noon. – Still not doing great here. Maybe three days out of Mon-Sat? I know I set myself up for a good day when I get something done before noon, but mornings are *hard*.
- Finish two partial scenes. – Done.
- Merge two other scenes. – Done.
- Write one other scene entirely. – Done.
Goal for Week 5+:
So, I guess I am going to do some semblance of NaNoWriMo. Instead of working on a straight narrative, I’m going riff on settings, characters, and situations in One Ahead that need fleshing out. At the end of the month, I hope to have some useful morsels.
- Write First. Five days out of seven, 1 hour of work/500 words before noon.
- Average 1667 per day. I also hope to get back into a better every day writing habit by the end of November.
- I’m also going to try and do any edits/additional writing on One Ahead #1 & #2 as needed.
Complicating factors for week 5: Frisbee league finals next weekend, a short essay for History of Photography class due next week, and starting a shiny new Python class this week. I’ll probably have some website work to do this week too.
The Publishing End
- Do the usual check-ins. – To satisfaction.
- Figure out promotions for November. – Done!
Goals for Week 5:
- Do the usual check-ins.
- Saturday: Run promo for the combined version of Martian Engineer’s Notebook 1 & 2.
- Get some sort of cardio (30+ mins) three times a week. – I played ultimate frisbee league on Tuesday, played pickup at lunchtime on Wednesday, and had a second league game on Thursday.
Goal for Week 5:
- Get some sort of cardio (30+ mins) three times a week. – Probably won’t be a problem this week since next weekend is league finals.