Round 4, Week 6 Update
Man, this week… It was mostly my fault.
I had a good writing day last Sunday, I wasn’t too far behind, but then I had a lazy Monday. Not a killer, I figured, I’ll make it up. Except, my computer had other plans. My boot drive has some reliability issues. It goes along fine until too many bad sectors cause a crash. Usually this is “fixed” by running a CHKDSK/repair, formatting, and reinstalling everything. Which took up a lot of time on Wednesday and Thursday. Since the fix only holds 10 months or so, Eric has ordered a new solid state drive for my computer which will necessitate a repeat of the reinstall process later in the week.
Also, we decided to change the way we’re selling and promoting the Weordan books. Queue stress freak-out since I had planned to promo Model Species next weekend. I also have to update information on those books around the web.
- Write First. Five days out of seven, 1 hour of work/500 words before noon. – Well, I at least have a two day streak going…
- Average 1667 per day. (Or rather 1736 if I want to make up time.) – I’m averaging 1000 a day for the month thus far. I’ve been playing with three different ideas for One Ahead stories, two of them new, so I’ve gotten what I wanted out of NaNoWriMo.
- Edits/additional writing on One Ahead #1 & #2 as needed. – Haven’t needed. There’s a detail I’m probably going to eventually change in story #1.
Goals for Week 7+:
- Write First. Five days out of seven, 1 hour of work/500 words before noon.
- Continue averaging 1000 words a day for this week. It’s not NaNo level, but it’s more than I have been doing.
- Reorganize my document and maybe get these stories into better shape without editing or rewriting.
- Edits/additional writing on One Ahead #1 & #2 as needed.
The Publishing End
- Do the usual check-ins. – Done!
- Set up some advanced promo stuff for Model Species. – Was doubtful for a while, but done.
Goals for Week 7+:
- Do the usual check-ins.
- Finish changing Weordan info before Friday
- Run promo for Model Species and Divine Fire.
- Get some sort of cardio (30+ mins) three times a week. – Fall league is over and winter league doesn’t start until next week, so I’ll need to make an effort to go running or workout. – Ended up adding a Friday lunchtime game, but only played on Wednesday and Friday.
Goal for Week 7+:
- Get some sort of cardio (30+ mins) three times a week. – I’ll probably play ultimate on Wednesday and Friday again, and maybe one other night for winter league.