This survey has been put together by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page-turner
I usually shy away from these sort of surveys because I don’t read that many books in a year. This year though, I read a lot of good books, but I’ve been having trouble deciding what to highlight. Enter the 2015 End of the Year Book Survey.
1. Best Book You Read In 2015?
Magic is my bailiwick. By far, the best book I had the opportunity to read this year was volume two of House of Mystery, edited by Todd Karr and Teller. It contained all the crunchy bits that were missing from my understanding of David P. Abbott.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
This designation goes to my first read of 2015: Raylan by Elmore Leonard. It was the weakest of his books that I read and far inferior to Justified.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. …And not in a good way. Considering how beloved this book is, I was pretty underwhelmed. Sorry, everyone!
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I was really happy that at least one blogger I know read Michael Pronko’s Beauty and Chaos because of me (I think).
5. Best series you started in 2015? Best Sequel of 2015?
Best Series Ender of 2015?
I don’t read enough series to have an ender as well as a beginner, but I was pleased to start J. A. Lang’s Chef Maurice series.