My original “measurable” goal, set on the fly Monday morning, was to do 3 hours of work, Monday-Saturday. That number feels very small, but it doesn’t include anything that isn’t listed below. It doesn’t include blogging, promo stuff, or anything I might do for my other “job” as webmaster for VOTS. I debated whether I wanted to include the “Personal Growth” category. Those are things I don’t want to fall off my radar and I’m only going to do a section a week, so I left them.
I did my 3 hrs/day Monday-Friday, but I think I want to change that goal to 4 hrs/day and take a full weekend. Which means, retroactively, I’m behind. But I’m okay with that. Maybe I’ll get a hour in today.
I bounced between projects during this first week. I should work mostly on Open Court stuff this week.
Need to decide if I want to add another picture (the file size is maybe starting to get big).
- Do a final edit,
especially of the final article which makes mention of the photos.
- Write an introduction. Drafted
- Add front matter. Added, not in final form.
- Cover. Worked on.
Rename files in a manner that makes sense. Gather notes and make a timeline of planned stories. Reread first One Ahead story. Decide on a subtitle.
- Rewrite/finish second story.
Decide on a subtitle.
- Edit pass on second story.
- Draft third story.
- Change the header to be a SSI. Improve accessibility and validate.
update front page
- update subpages – Finished PHYSIC, Luck for Hire
Website metrics?– Learned about Awstats and its lack of export ability.
- Fix /images /img – Added. In general, my file structure needs a clean-out.
- Update “Other Works” page.
- Should I set up a One Ahead page? Cart before horse?
- Change blog links to drive traffic to website.
- Finish Python – two sections left. 1/2
- Learn SQL – four sections
- SQL: Table Transformation – four sections
- SQL: Analyzing Business Metrics – two sections