Beginning at 12:01am on Saturday morning and running through 11:59pm on Sunday night, readers read for 24 hours out of that 48 hour period. You can split that up however you’d like: 20 hours on Saturday, 4 hours on Sunday; 12 hours each day; six 4 hour sessions with 4 hour breaks in between; whatever you’d like.
The readathon takes place this weekend, July 23-24. I’m going to start at the “official” time 12:01am Eastern which means my readathon starts on Friday
10pm 9pm. Need more info? 24 in 48 Readathon
- Where in the world are you reading from this weekend? Tempe, AZ – Hopefully, next week will be a lot cooler. *crosses fingers*
- Have you done the 24in48 readathon before? I have, but this is the first time I’m doing it without having some other something going on.
- Where did you hear about the readathon, if it is your first? N/A (And my memory isn’t that good!)
- What book are you most excited about reading this weekend? I’m excited to read stories by KJ Kabza and Lavie Tidhar because I know they’re both excellent writers.
- Tell us something about yourself. One of my favorite subjects to read about is the history of magic.
What will I be reading?
Aside from maybe finishing up Presto! or The Sister Brothers, I’m going to join Jay at Bibliophilopolis in a Deal Me In variation. (Wait, what’s Deal Me In?) I’ve assigned one of 24 cards (a euchre deck, I am told) to 24 short stories that I’ve bookmarked online in the last year and a half. Since I’m a slow and capricious reader, I don’t know how far I’ll get. If I finish 12 stories on this list I’ll be pretty happy.