This is late due to the readathon over the weekend. After the last of the short stories, I was done with blogging/social media for the weekend.
On Monday, I rewrote the first scene of One Ahead: The Case of the Horrid Haunting (title subject to change). It was a scene that, in the first draft, Eric called boring. After rewriting it once, I decided I actually needed to burn it to the ground and start over. That was Tuesday into Wednesday. I am a horribly indecisive rewriter. I can sit paralyzed for hours over changing a sentence. That I moved on and finished rewriting two other chapters is a win. That I didn’t spend the amount of time I said I was going to on writing is not.
I’d like to finish the second draft this week. I have a substantial change in mind for one of the plot points, so that may be an ambitious goal. But if I put in the hours…
This week, I also have set up for VOTS Fall League and Chris is coming into town at some point.
The past week’s progress is in blue.
Rename files in a manner that makes sense. Gather notes and make a timeline of planned stories. Reread first One Ahead story. Decide on a subtitle. Decide on subtitle for second story.
- Rewrite/finish second draft of The Horrid Haunting. Rewrote Ch. 1-3
- Edit pass on second story.
- Draft third story.
- Change the header to be a SSI. Improve accessibility and validate.
update front page
- update subpages
- Fix /images /img
- Update “Other Works” page.
- Should I set up a One Ahead page? Cart before horse?
- Change blog links to drive traffic to website.
Finish Python .
- Learn SQL – four sections. 1/4
- SQL: Table Transformation – four sections
- SQL: Analyzing Business Metrics – two sections