Ever since I wrote “Wicked Witch for Hire,” Eric has entertained the notion that it is the most quintessentially Katherine thing that I’ve written. Every once in a while, Eric will riff on the idea of this witch and longer stories I might write with her at the center. Nothing has ever caught with me until something he said on Monday. And so, my nicely organized list is all upended.
I am cautiously excited to start a brand new project (well, 95% new), but I’m also aware that I am not finishing One Ahead stories. On the other hand, maybe this will get me out of my doldrums, both my recent summer ones and the ones that have been plaguing me for the last few years. I’m going to try a more structured outlining process, mainly because this is going to be more of a quest novel—something I haven’t really written.
I also started the next SQL section at Code Academy and realized the first one hadn’t prepared me well enough. So, I’ve added an additional class on MySQL from Coursera. (Yes, on top of the Macroeconomics class I just added.)
Well, I guess if I’m going to upend my list, the halfway-ish point is the place to do it. This list is getting long…
Changes/progress from last update are in blue.
- “One Page” Novel – Some notions for “stasis” scenes and also first “trigger” event.
- First Draft – Wrote about 650 words on Monday.
Rename files in a manner that makes sense. Gather notes and make a timeline of planned stories. Reread first One Ahead story. Decide on a subtitle.
- Sorrowful Seamstress – another iteration
- Horrid Haunting
Decide on subtitle for second story. 2nd Iteration Organization Session
- 3rd Iteration – left off at Ch. 5
- Edit pass
- Draft third story
- Change the header to be a SSI. Improve accessibility and validate.
update front page update subpages
- Fix /images /img
Update “Other Works” page.
- Should I set up a One Ahead page? Cart before horse?
- Change blog links to drive traffic to website.
- Investigate the mysteries of Mail Chimp’s popovers
- Update Eric’s Blog to something more responsive (added 8/14)
- Week 1
- Week 2
- Week 3
- Week 4
- Week 5
- Introduction and Basic Concepts
- Supply & Demand
- Measures of Economic Performance
- Real and Nominal Values
- Classic & Keynesian Models