Update – Week 7
My bulleted list is getting pretty long so I created a page with my original goals for this round. It has everything I’ve added as well as the stuff I’m not currently working on.
This week was spent on my new project. It’s based on a flash fiction piece I wrote called “Wicked Witch for Hire.” The obvious title for it, which wasn’t all that obvious since Eric didn’t think of it until Friday, is Wicked Witch, Retired. That title might be too frivolous, but it’ll do for now. I have a few pages of notes and the manuscript is at 2500-ish words. My writing soundtrack has been the Star Trek movies, II – IV. Goal this week? Finish the scene I’m on (part II of the first scene), move on to the next. I know that’s not a solid goal, but I’m still leery of going back to word counts.
Coming up this week: Tonight is the draft for VOTS‘s big coed fall frisbee league. Games won’t start for another two weeks, but I’ll be updating the web with teams this week. Also the Bout of Books readathon starts Monday. I’ll be reading and doing a few challenges for that.
The past week’s progress is in blue.
- “One Page” summary – I have a little notebook. It has notes in it.
- First draft – 2500 words, most of which I’ve already rewritten once.
- Change the header to be a SSI. Improve accessibility and validate.
update front page update subpages
- Fix /images /img
Update “Other Works” page.
- Should I set up a One Ahead page? Cart before horse?
- Change blog links to drive traffic to website.
- Investigate the mysteries of Mail Chimp’s popovers
- Update Eric’s Blog to something more responsive
- Week 2
- Week 3
- Week 4
- Week 5
Getting Started Introduction and Basic Concepts
- Supply & Demand
- Measures of Economic Performance
- Real and Nominal Values
- Classic & Keynesian Models