Week 9 Update
So, last Sunday night I admitted to Eric that I had no good idea what the “quest” portion of Wicked Witch, Retired should be. I knew there should be a rescue of some sort, but none of my ideas seemed interesting enough. Eric is very good at plot. Over the course of several laps around our neighborhood park, we hashed out character details, some world-building, and most importantly a quest appropriate for a witch who really doesn’t want to be involved. Of course, this meant that not all of the 3672 words in my manuscript still worked. Queue a rewrite. Ultimately, I didn’t really get as much done as I wanted. After the rewrite, I only managed to add about 1000 words. The manuscript is now at 4707.
It also became obvious this week that I don’t have enough time to do all the things I want to do. Since the Macroeconomics class doesn’t have a near future deadline, I’m going to do half a section a week until I finish the SQL class. That should help. This week frisbee league starts! Which means Tuesday nights are shot. Which means I need to shift to getting important things done (like writing) to earlier in the day.