The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 2nd and runs through Sunday, January 8th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 18 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team
After the last couple months, you’re darn right: I’m coming down with a Bout of Books. I’m going to try for 450 pages of reading, but if I don’t make it, there’s no failing BoB, right? What am I reading?
- Finish The Long Way Down by Craig Schaefer – I have about half left.
- Moby-Dick by Herman Melville – Reading this through the Pigeonhole, so only a guppy-sized portion every day.
- Writing on the Wall: Social Media – The First 2,000 Years by Tom Standage
- Oh, and a bunch of short stories…
Total Read: 496
Sunday Total: 48
- Writing on the Wall : pgs 15-43
- Moby-Dick : pgs 105-119
- The Girl Who Tweeted Wolf : pgs 1-4
Saturday Total: 125
Grumpy and not feeling awesome, I decided to spend the day reading. I’m knocking on the door of my goal.
- “Between Going and Staying” by Lilliam Rivera : 15 pages
- “Blackwater Lake” by Maggie James : 85 pages
- Moby-Dick : pgs. 80-104