COYER: Aside from Deal Me In stories, everything I read in January has been in electronic form. It’s getting rough though. Maybe near the end of February I’ll have accumulated enough “generator” points to have a physical book count for the challenge.
TBR Dare & Mount TBR: I’m staying the course. Everything I’ve read thus far in the year has been from my existing TRB pile. Of course, I’ve acquired only one book since the beginning of the year, so the task has been easy.
Read the Books You Buy: Since COYER is focused on free and >$1 reads, no progress here yet.
Finished in January
- The Long Way Down by Craig Schaefer – REVIEW
- “Blackwater Lake” by Maggie James – REVIEW
- The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction, November-December 2016 – REVIEW
- In Calabria by Peter S. Beagle – Review next week.
- Moby-Dick, or the Whale by Herman Melville – Review later in the week.
- The Girl Who Tweeted Wolf by Nick Bryan – DNF
Additions to my Library
Fascist Lizards from Outer Space by Dan Copp, ARC, NetGalley, acquired 1/17/17
My goal was 33 pages a day, 66 during Bout of Books (the steeper slope at the beginning of the month). I decided to include Eric’s manuscripts in my pages read because I’m not a fast reader and there just aren’t enough hours in the day otherwise.