As expected, it didn’t take me long to get behind on my big, annotated Dracula, so that’s going on the back burning for the moment. I’m about a third of the way through Bird Box and I don’t know what I think. I didn’t expect so much of a post-apocalypse/survivalist vibe. Not a genre I’m keen on. I’ll also be reading Chicago Magic, which I picked up through my newly acquired hoopla access. I derailed an entire day looking though hoopla’s catalog. I’ll probably also start Slade House this week after I finish Bird Box.
We’re finally in the midst of break from the heat. (I hesitate to say we’re done with the heat.) Daytime temps are still around 100F, but the nights have been down in the 70s. So much nicer. And therefore, it’s time for more Halloween in my work space.
What Was I Doing?
- ROW80 ~ Out like a dying fish…
- #RIPX ~ Peril in SPAAACE!
- Review ~ The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay
- R.I.P. VII – Progress Post #3
- Lucinda Week, Day 6: XXX in the Accept Column
- May Evil beware and may Good dress warmly and eat plenty of fresh vegetables.
- 2007 – A year when I thought that 9/18 was too early to decorate for Halloween. I’ve learned a lot in a decade.