I had gotten into the habit of alternating “It’s Monday…” with “Down the TBR Hole” because I was only finishing a book every two weeks or so. Not so in 2018! I finished Countdown City last week and am one good reading day away from finishing The Huge Hunter, or The Steam Man of the Prairie.
- Reread of The Turk: The Life and Times of the Famous 19th Century Chess-Playing Machine by Tom Standage – Nonfiction Reading Challenge
- World, Chase Me Down by Andrew Hilleman – Wild West Reading Challenge
- The Steam Man of the Prairie and the Dark Rider Get Down: A Dime Novel by Joe R. Lansdale
- The second half of A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle
- “Caretaker” by Eden Royce – Deal Me In
It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, hosted by Book Date!
Other than reading? So much ultimate!
Last Thursday was my first B division game of the season. The team I’m on is a good combination of people I play with quite often, people I’ve known for years but have never been on the same team with, and players new to me. First game went pretty well. We won!
The upcoming weekend is New Year Fest, the local tournament put together by VOTS. I plan on playing a little both Saturday and Sunday with Maul, the ladies’ (mostly) master’s team. Otherwise I’ll be helping out and/or cheering for my team. Right now is pretty much the best time weather-wise in Phoenix. The forecast for the weekend is dry, sunny, and 75-80F.
What Was I Doing?
- What Else 2017, Week 3 – Today is the one year birthday of my laptop.
- Review ~ The Castle of Otranto
- Book #2 – The Ten-Cent Plague