Pretty good month, progress-wise, though I feel like I haven’t read anything!
- Books Finished: 5
- Highlights: On the Wrong Track by Steve Hockensmith
- Books DNFed: 1
- Short Stories Read: 15
- Highlights: “The Adventure of the Speckled Band” by Arthur Conan Doyle
- Challenge Updates:
- FrankenSlam! – Read a bit of Lives of the Noble Grecians and Romans by Plutarch, but haven’t gotten very far.
- 2018 Nonfiction Reading Challenge – Finished another book off my “research” list; currently at 36% nonfiction for the year.
- 2018 TBR Challenge -Read one more book off the list and, sadly, DNFed one.
- Wild West Reading Challenge – One book down!
- Shelf Maintenance – I acquired two books, but…! One was a better version of Plutarch’s Lives and the other was my own copy of Tom Standage’s The Turk that I wanted for reference.
I’ve been working on an anthology of stories from 1750-1920-ish involving automatons. This has involved searching through old magazines and anthologies (that have been digitized), reading them, thinking about them, deciding if they should go into this survey of automaton literature, and then formatting them. This is the kind of stuff I enjoy doing.
Games of ultimate frisbee played: 10 (There is one more scheduled for tonight…)
In online class land, I’m working my way through a classical music series at edX and a class called Magic in the Middle Ages at Coursera. Yeah, I’m pretty much an MOOC freebooter.