- The Hermit by Monica Friedman – Magical realism? Modern southwestern fairy tale? Whatever you might want to call it, I’m digging it.
- The Sign of Four by Arthur Conan Doyle – Thus far, the best of the longer Holmes stories.
- And “Freedom is Space for the Spirit” by Glen Hirshberg for Deal Me In, which I’m pretty excited about.
On opposite ends of the spectrum: The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Hap and Leonard.
Kimmy Schmidt is unrelentingly fast-paced (it’s a comedy after all) and optimistic. Hap and Leonard is as slowly plotted as a country-western song. Both have their pluses and minuses.
Just putting along really.
- There are a few things that are causing me some stress, but there will be inevitable resolutions, so I really shouldn’t worry too hard.
- I need to do a few things around my internet world to make sure we have our GDPR bases covered.
- Summer league has started up; I like my team.
- I’m planning a writing update for Wednesday, which will further answer “What *am* I doing?”