It’s become a summer tradition: Cathy invites us to set the goal and we read!
The challenge is to make a list (full or partial, or change it up when you need to) and read 20 (or 15, or 10) books between June 1st and September 3rd. I’m feeling ambitious this year and I’ll be shooting for 15 instead of my usual 10.
Summerland by Hannu Rajaniemi– DNF
- The Burglar Caught by a Skeleton And Other Singular Tales from the Victorian Press by Jeremy Clay – READ & Reviewed!
Wild West Challenge
- The Doctor and the Kid by Mike Resnick – READ & Reviewed!
- Lizzie: The Letters of Elizabeth Chester Fisk 1864-1893 by Rex C. Myers (Editor) – READ & Reviewed!
- Heaven’s Ditch: God, Gold, and Murder on the Erie Canal by Jack Kelly – READ & Reviewed!
God’s War by Kameron Hurley– DNF
- Memoirs and Confessions of a Stage Magician by Donald Brandon & Joyce Brandon
- Thieves, Rascals and Sore Losers: The Unsettling History of the Dirty Deals that Helped Settle Nebraska by Marilyn Coffey – READ & Reviewed!
- The Science of Illusions by Jacques Ninio – READ & Reviewed!
Victorian Popular Literature
- Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne – READ & Reviewed!
- The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle – READ!
- Fall of Man in Wilmslow: A Novel of Alan Turing by David Lagercrantz – READ & Reviewed!
- The Perfect Storm: A True Story of Men Against the Sea by Sebastian Junger – READ & Reviewed!
- Lord of the Dead by Tom Holland
- World of Trouble by Ben H. Winters (The Last Policeman #3) – READ & Reviewed!
- The Floating Light Bulb by John Gaspard (Eli Marks #5) – READ & Reviewed!
Updated: 6/14/18 – So, that’s 14-1+2 since my initial post…