I started the “20” Book challenge with a list of 16 books and a goal of reading 15 between June 1st and September 3rd.* So… How did I do?
- The Doctor and the Kid by Mike Resnick – READ & Reviewed!
- Fall of Man in Wilmslow: A Novel of Alan Turing by David Lagercrantz – READ & Reviewed!
- The Burglar Caught by a Skeleton And Other Singular Tales from the Victorian Press by Jeremy Clay – READ & Reviewed!
- The Floating Light Bulb by John Gaspard (Eli Marks #5) – READ & Reviewed!
- World of Trouble by Ben H. Winters (The Last Policeman #3) – READ & Reviewed!
- Heaven’s Ditch: God, Gold, and Murder on the Erie Canal by Jack Kelly – READ & Reviewed!
- The Science of Illusions by Jacques Ninio – READ & Reviewed!
- Thieves, Rascals and Sore Losers: The Unsettling History of the Dirty Deals that Helped Settle Nebraska by Marilyn Coffey – READ & Reviewed!
- Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne – READ & Reviewed!
- Lizzie: The Letters of Elizabeth Chester Fisk 1864-1893 by Rex C. Myers (Editor) – READ & Reviewed!
- The Perfect Storm: A True Story of Men Against the Sea by Sebastian Junger – READ & Reviewed!
- The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle – READ!
- Memoirs and Confessions of a Stage Magician by Donald Brandon & Joyce Brandon – There is no reason I shouldn’t finish this by Friday. My review is scheduled for next week.
The rest of the list and other notes:
- Lord of the Dead by Tom Holland – Didn’t get to this at all.
Summerland by Hannu Rajaniemi– DNF God’s War by Kameron Hurley– DNF
- I also read four other book that weren’t on my list.
So, that’s like 17-ish books total for the summer! (Plus 40 short stories.)
* I’m posting this “wrap-up” a little early. Thanks to Cathy @ 746 Books, 20 Books of Summer has filled my least favorite season with great reading, but Sept 1st begins my *most* favorite season. There are several events I’m looking forward to diving into on the 1st.