Liz @ Travel in Retrospect tagged me! I don’t do a lot of tags because I’m bad with lists. But this one seemed really fun. Thanks, Liz!
- Tag & link the person who tagged you (See above!)
- Tag and link me/this post (if you would be so kind, I love reading your answers!) Jenn @ Jenniely is the origin of this fine tag!
- Tick/cross off the ones you’ve done
- Tag another 10 people! (I’m really bad at tagging. Worse than I am with lists. If you’re reading this, do the tag!)
1. Received and ARC and not reviewed it. 😈
Well, sort of. On NetGalley, they’ve made it easy for me to say why I’m not going to review an ARC. Sometimes, it turns out that I’m not going to get to a book in a timely manner. Sometimes, my interest in the book changed, or I started the book and decided it wasn’t for me. But my shame is the Goodreads giveaways I’ve never read/reviewed.
2. Have less than 60% feedback rating on NetGalley. 😇
I’m up to a 72%! I think I’ve been above 60% for a while now.
3. Rated a book on Goodreads and promised a full review was to come on your blog and then never did it. 😬
So, I’m a writer as well as a reader/book blogger. After a lot of thought, I decided a few years ago that I didn’t like the possible conflict of interest that came with rating and reviewing on Goodreads and Amazon. It’s in my review policy, so generally, it hasn’t been a problem. (Hey, I’m still surprised when offered ARCs!)
4. Folded down the page of a book. 😈
It’s not something I do often. Usually, there’s some piece of paper to use as a bookmark, but I have dogeared a book in my time.
5. Accidentally spilled on a book. 😈
Again, not something that happens often, but I often read and eat and am not the most graceful person. My notebooks are much more likely to get the brunt of the spills.
6. DNF a book this year. 😈
Not only have I DNFed a book this year, I’ve DNFed 17 books. Life’s too short to spend time on book that you don’t enjoy.
7. Bought a book because it was pretty with no intention of ever reading it. 😇
Anytime I buy a book I intend to read it.
8. Read whilst you were meant to be doing something else (like homework). 😈
*is lying like a rug*
9. Skim read a book. 😇
If I catch myself skimming, I DNF. So, one “sin” for another.
10. Completely missed your Goodreads goal. 😇
I’m 58/52 this year. And while I don’t hit my goal every year, I’ve never *completely* missed it.
11. Borrowed a book and not returned it to the library. 😇
I always return my books and I don’t think I’ve had a late fee since college.
12. Broke a book buying ban. 😈
You said some words, but I don’t understand what they mean.
I have acquired fewer books this year than last year (although I’ve spent more on books this year).
13. Started a review, left it for ages then forgot what the book was about. 😬
More like, I lost interest in writing the review. Usually I try to write reviews the same week that I read the book, so forgetting isn’t the problem. But I will start a review, decide I have nothing to say, leave it, and never come back to it.
14. Wrote in a book you were reading. 😈
Yes. Actually, I was reading Magic in Theory the other day and some tangent occurred to me that I was going to note only to see that I had noted it the previous time I’d read the book. I have no problem with people who write in books. Highlighting is a different story…
15. Finished a book and not added it to your Goodreads. 😈
Yes, I’ve done this. As good as I try to be about documentation, I always forget *something*.
16. Borrowed a book and not returned it to a friend. 😇
I rarely borrow books, but I always return them.
17. Dodged someone asking if they can borrow a book. 😇
Nope. If someone asks to borrow a book, I pretty much throw it at them, even though the record of my getting loaned books back is pretty poor.
18. Broke the spine of someone else’s book. 😇
No. I don’t consider books to be sacred objects, but I’m going to be respectful of other people’s property.
19. Took the jacket off a book to protect it and ended up making it more damaged.😇
Nooooo…? People take the jackets off books…to protect the jacket? Isn’t the jacket supposed to protect the book?
20. Sat on a book accidentally. 😈
I can’t remember this ever happening, but it’s a given that it has. I know I’ve fallen asleep on many a book.
So, 9-😈, 9-😇, 2-😬. I’m even True Neutral in my bookish life!