Four books, 365 chapters.
- Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes – January 1 to May 8
- The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas – May 9 to September 2
- Lilith by George MacDonald – September 3 to October 19
- The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens – October 20 to December 31
All the Details: Announcing the 2019 Chapter-a-Day Read-Along
Is it okay to join a challenge for something I was going to do anyway? I’m going to say “yes,” especially when it comes to nonfiction.
I hesitate to set a list, but here are a few titles I’d like to get to in 2019:
- Laurant: Man of Many Mysteries by Gabe Fajuri – Reviewed!
- Jay’s Journal of Anomalies by Ricky Jay
- The Lady from the Black Lagoon: Hollywood Monsters and the Lost Legacy of Milicent Patrick by Mallory O’Meara
- Duped: Double Lives, False Identities, and the Con Man I Almost Married by Abby Ellin – Reviewed!
- The Man from the Train: The Solving of a Century-Old Serial Killer Mystery by Bill James
- I’ll Be Gone in the Dark One Woman’s Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara
- In the Garden of Beasts: Love, Terror, and an American Family in Hitler’s Berlin by Erik Larson
- The Beautiful Cigar Girl: Mary Rogers, Edgar Allan Poe, and the Invention of Murder by Daniel Stashower
All the Details: 2019 Nonfiction Reading Challenge
I’m also going to be infrequently reading chapters of A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons in this suggested chronological-ish combination read. Which will happen first: Katherine finally catching up or George R. R. Martin publishing the next book in the series?
(The fact that this scene was in a major motion picture cracks me up.)