Pretty much right after I wrote my “It’s Monday…” post, I decided I should read a few more stories with some romance in them. So, I took a look around the online libraries and picked out The Wedding Date and The Cure for Dreaming. I also want to catch up with the other reading I had planned this week: Don Quixote and a bunch of short stories.
I decided this morning that, since I wasn’t going to make it the full 24hrs, I wanted to get 18 hours done. And, hey! I got 19!
I finished reading The Wedding Date, started and finished The Cure for Dreaming, caught up on Don Quixote and my short story reading, *and* started The Beautiful Cigar Girl and Black Klansman. That’s a pretty good reading weekend!
Finished The Cure for Dreaming by Cat Winters.
Alas, had to take care of some website stuff for the ultimate frisbee tournament going on this weekend.
- Caught up on Don Quixote
- Read “Hooked” by Mike Oakwood
- Started The Cure for Dreaming
Finished The Wedding Date by Jasmine Guillory .
Friday Night/Early Saturday
- Finished a chapter of Ashes to Ashes.
- “Aidu” by Hero Despard.
- “Mrs. Emory’s Boarder” by C. Marie Mott.
- Worked on The Wedding Date.
HOUR 6: What Your Book Starts With
Hour Zero: Intro Survey
- Where are you from? Where are you now? If you could do readathon from anywhere in the world, where would you be? I’m originally from Nebraska, but I’m pretty happy in Tempe, AZ. (Esp. this time of the year!)
- Have you done 24in48 before? How many times?! If it’s your first time with us, where did you hear about 24in48? I’ve done this readathon a few times.
- Are you readathon-ing alone? If not, who are you doing 24in48 with? All alone.
- What book are you kicking 24in48 off with? What book are you most excited about this weekend? Finishing up this week’s chapter of Ashes to Ashes to start.
- Since it’s the beginning of a new year, what are your reading resolutions for 2019? Read 52 book, at least 1/3 nonfiction, and read more horror.