One of the things that keeps me from being a particularly consistent blogger is that I get tired of myself. I wasn’t going to do a Sunday Salon, but this (Monday) morning I decided I wanted to organize what I have to read this week.
- Alligator Candy: A Memoir by David Kushner
- War for the Oaks by Emma Bull
Might say something about one or both of these in the near future.
Should finish this week:
- Savage Appetites: Four True Stories of Women, Crime, and Obsession by Rachel Monroe
- Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within by Natalie Goldberg
There’s a chance I will hit my Goodreads goal of 52 books! I’m at 49 at the moment. These two will bring me up to 51.
- The Old English Baron: A Gothic Story, with Edmond, Orphan of the Castle by Clara Reeve – The Classics Club Spin number was 13, but this is coincidentally the top of my list when sorted chronologically.
- Take Off Your Pants! Outline Your Books for Faster, Better Writing by Libbie Hawker
- Westmark by Lloyd Alexander – I think this is going to be my new chapter-a-day morning-routine book.
Caught The Aeronauts before my Prime subscription lapsed. I liked it well enough. It was a good Victorian era adventure which I’m probably going to want to watch again.
A friend on Facebook linked to this “Seven Nation Army”/”Sweet Dreams (Are Made of These)” mashup by Pomplemoose and it is really excellent. Not familiar with the band, so something new to investigate.