I Know What’s in the Closet
Well, mostly I know what’s in the closet…
Total boxes sorted: 7 tomato boxes, 3 shoe boxes, 1″Data Documents” box
Total books cataloged: 205
Books I own, but haven’t read: 116
Books removed from collection: 30
About half of these were books I took from free bins outside used bookstores. Often in bad shape, they were free for a reason. I’m going to toss the ones that I’m really not ever going to read. The other half are books in better shape that I’ll get rid of… somehow… Probably post-pandemic. Some children’s titles are going to the free little library that was just set up at the elementary school down the street.
- Fie on bookstores that put bar-code stickers over the back cover ISBN!
- Since I removed 30 books from those boxes, I was left with a box 1/3 full, which I’m going to use to help rotate a few books on to my shelves.
- I did not find my copies of Timothy Zahn’s Star Wars books or my copy of The Phantom of the Opera. I wonder if we didn’t load the Zahn books to Chris or AJ.
- Best found bookmark: Tucked into the back of The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy was an “Excused Absence” card dated February 16, 1990. That would have been my freshman year in high school. It was initialed by all of my teaches aside from 8th period and I’m fairly certain I was supposed to turn that back in to the attendanc office. I don’t remember why I was absent.
Next up, the front room books.
* “All” didn’t include the boxes of gaming books in the backroom closet. Those are a task for another day…