Dewey’s & Spring into Horror
I’m celebrating two readathons today: Dewey’s 24-hour and Spring into Horror. I’m going to do something a little different this time around for Dewey’s. Inspired by Flik Reads, I’ve set up random prompt jar. I’m going to start the day with:
- A chapter of God Emperor of Dune by Frank Herbert – I’m sticking to my chapter-a-day schedule.
- Into Bones like Oil by Kaaron Warren – It’s become readathon tradition to start the day with a novella.
After that, I’m going to pick from my readathon jar. Some prompts will return to the jar and some are one-time only. Prompts include:
- Stories from Books of Blood by Clive Barker – I’ll be starting vol. 2.
- The Ceremonies by T.E.D. Klein – A chapter or two or 40 minutes. We’ll see what works.
- The Call of Stories: Teaching and the Moral Imagination by Robert Coles – Hopefully, this book won’t crash my readathon momentum. It’s a book I want to make progress on.
- Other short stories!
- Plus, maybe an audio book, maybe graphic novels. Reading in all forms!
I’ll mostly be updating on Twitter. You can follow me at @katen
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Tempe, AZ! It’s not sunny yet, but it’s going to be a warm day.
- Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Vol. 2 of Books of Blood by Clive Barker. Barker has also become something of a readathon tradition for me.
- Which snack are you most looking forward to? I’m planning on having a Totino’s Party Pizza later on. Also have healthier things like hummus and watermelon.
- Tell us a little something about yourself! I enjoy editing formatting ebooks (as well as writing my own). If you need something extra for your stack today, I have free downloads!
- If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? As I mentioned above, I’ll be drawing from a prompt jar every few hours which is new for me!