Look at me posting twice in a week like some kind of blogger . . .
It’s Classics Club Spin time! Classic Club is a group of readers and bloggers who have pledged to read 50 classic books in five years.
For a Classics Club Spin, I pick 20 books from my list and the organizers of the Classic Club pick a number between one and twenty. And then I read the appropriate book by a deadline, in this case Dec. 12th.
Below is my list:
- The Land of Mist by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Yellow Claw by Sax Rohmer
- The Magician by W. Somerset Maugham
- The House of the Vampire by George Sylvester Viereck
- The Dorrington Deed-Box by Arthur Morrison
- The Wind in the Rose-Bush by Mary Eleanor Wilkins Freeman
- The Jewel of Seven Stars by Bram Stoker
- Kwaidan: Stories and Studies of Strange Things by Lafcadio Hearn
- The Devil’s Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce
- The Experiences of Loveday Brooke, Lady Detective by Catherine Louisa Pirkis
- Treasure Island by Robert Lewis Stevenson
- King Solomon’s Mines by Henry Rider Haggard
- The Horla by Guy de Maupassant
- Lord Arthur Saville’s Crime, and other stories by Oscar Wilde
- The Big Bow Mystery by Israel Zangwill
- The Mystery of a Hansom Cab by Fergus Hume
- The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
- The Leavenworth Case by Anna Katharine Green
- Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne
- East Lynne by Ellen Wood