Monday Miscellanea, a look back at the stuff of last week.
April Reading Wrap-Up
My reading in April month felt a little lack-luster. Because I planned my reading with Classics Spin and Spring Into Horror? Maybe. The best read was The Shadow on the Blind by Louisa Baldwin. It’s a collection of turn-of-the-century ghost stories, probably my next Entangled Tome project. I also finished Those Who Walk Away by Patricia Highsmith during the readathon. I’ll post more about it along with other reading notes on Thursday.
Horror Movie A–Z Wrap-Up
I kind of fizzled out on my Unofficial Horror Movie A–Z. It will probably be the last one that I do. It’s very hard to find movies for certain letters and trying to find a replacement for the “Y” movie that was no longer available wore me out. I’m pretty content to have ended it on a very good movie (The Wailing (2016)) and a not-good-but-fun movie (Willy’s Wonderland (2021)).
Best movies of the month:
- The Wailing (2016)
- Diabolique (1955)
- Possessor (2020)
- Triangle (2009)
I’ll be returning to regular Cinema Saturday posts in the near future.
Spring league finished up Saturday night. Our team Flyin’ Hawaiian went undefeated during the season and won finals! This was the first time I’d won a spring/fall league in 20+ years of playing. We were missing one of our best male and best female players, which made the day a little more difficult. I played pretty well, catching two scores in the semi-finals game and two scores in finals.
Writing & Entangled Tomes
- Didn’t get much done in April on the California Gothic short story. I think I’m going to work on a different story for a while.
- “Colors of the Sea” is still out on submission.
- Read through The Shadow on the Blind by Louisa Baldwin and will look into converting it to a nicely formatted ebook.
- I’m 11/25 of my own books read for my Beat the Backlog goal.
- It been 83 days since I last acquired a book.