Today’s bit of magic comes via Dean Carnegie and his Magic Detective blog. Last week, he featured a guest post by Ron Pearson about his upcoming play Minerva, Queen of Handcuffs. The play is opening in Edmonton, Canada and sounds wonderful. Minerva was a female escapologist and a contemporary of Houdini’s. Dean gave Minerva her own post back in 2017.
The video below is of Miranda Allen, aka Tianna the Traveller, the young lady who plays Minerva.
It’s Monday! What am I…
- Duped: Double Lives, False Identities, and the Con Man I Almost Married by Abby Ellin – I should have this finished up by mid-week. Intending to post a review on Wednesday.
- Trilby by George du Maurier – And then I’ll read the January installment of Trillby. I’m looking forward to it.
- Laurant: The Man of Many Mysteries by Gabe Fajuri – Then a jaunt into magic!
- Short stories: “In a Wide Sky, Hidden” by William Ledbetter, a Sherlock Holmes mystery, and more from The Black Cat.
Well, I got the last of the Christmas decorations down early last week and the apartment is back to being a plain, old apartment again.
AB league started last week. We won our first game. I realized that I am the oldest woman in either division this time around, though not the woman with the most experience. I did cover the 16 year-old on the other team during the last point that didn’t matter. (It was hard cap and we were already up by two.) Should be a fun team and with some skill, so I can’t ask for much more than that.
Getting back to writing this week. Did I say that last week too? I’m afraid to look back… I plan on doing a writing post on Wednesday.
What *was* I doing?
- 2017: Deal Me In, Week 2 ~ “The House of Aunts”
- 2014: Review ~ Mayhem
- 2013: Bout of Books 6.0 Wrap-Up
- 2009: It was Tuesday.