I plan on working on my Classics Club list again. On the 14th, I’ll have two years and 34 books left after purposefully taking 2022 off. I was burnt out on reading from lists and just wanted to read “free-range.”
Since I’m coming up on the three year anniversary of the list, now is a great time for a CCSpin:
- Pick twenty books that you’ve got left to read from your Classics Club List.
- Post that list, numbered 1-20, on your blog before Sunday, December 11th.
- We’ll announce a number from 1-20.
- Read that book by 29th January, 2023.
Here’s my list:
- Le Morte D’Arthur by Thomas Malory
- The Tragical History of Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe
- Shakespeare’s Sonnets by William Shakespeare
- The Mysteries of Udolpho by Ann Ward Radcliffe
- The Monk by M. G. Lewis
- Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
- The Mummy! by Jane Webb Loudon
- The Queen’s Necklace by Alexandre Dumas
- Tanglewood Tales by Nathaniel Hawethorne
- Piazza Tales by Herman Melville
- Curious, if True Strange Tales by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Uncle Silas by J. Sheridan Le Fanu
- The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins
- The Experiences of Loveday Brooke, Lady Detective by Catherine Louisa Pirkis
- In Ghostly Japan by Lafcadio Hearn
- Kwaidan: Stories and Studies of Strange Things by Lafcadio Hearn
- The Devil’s Dictionary by Ambrose Bierce
- Three John Silence Stories by Algernon Blackwood
- Carnacki the Ghost Finder by William Hope Hodgson
- Tales of Terror and Mystery by Arthur Conan Doyle
I believe all of these qualify for Beat the Backlog too, a personal challenge I’ll renew in 2023.