Bout of Books wrapped up yesterday. I read around 350 pages, but I feel like I read a lot more than that. I read The Box Jumper, a novella by Lisa Mannetti, the last 50 pages of The Sorrows of Young Werther by Goethe, seventy pages of a novel I DNFed, the first 80 pages of Countdown City, and four short stories. Happily, the slump that dominated the last half of 2017 is gone.
- Countdown City by Ben H. Winter – TBR Challenge
- The Huge Hunter, or, the Steam Man of the Prairies by Edward S. Ellis – which I suppose qualifies for the Wild West Reading Challenge
- “How to Sync Your Spouse” by Russell Nichols – Deal Me In
- A Study in Scarlet by Arthur Conan Doyle
- “The Masochist’s Assistant” by Auston Habershaw
Winter frisbee leagues got started last week with a meet-and-greet game for my division. Fitness-wise, due to sickness and rain, I’ve only played three games in two weeks, additionally Eric and I ran some intervals yesterday…which were painful. Teams haven’t been picked for my division yet. I thought about captaining, but my life currently has an okay amount of neuroticism; I decided not to rock that boat.
I’ve been slowly working my way through some Codeacademy tutorials and I plan on learning a little about watercolor painting in the near future.
What Was I Doing?
- 2017 – What Else 2017, Week 2
- 2015 – Review ~ Raylan
- 2013 – Review ~ Sorry Please Thank You: Stories
- 2009 – The Woes of the Web (about the demise of Google Notebook)
- 2008 – 01/15/2008 (which includes two Google Notebook links)