I spent all of April with an unusual (for me) posting schedule: (nearly) every day with Horror Movie A to Z posts as well as a couple of Reading Notes posts. But I wanted to get back to my regular schedule. So, here we are. It’s Saturday which means it’s Cinema Saturday!
First, I want to list my top five favorites from April’s event:
- The Orphanage (‘El orfanato’, 2007, Directed by J. A. Bayona, Spain)
- Rigor Mortis (‘殭屍’, 2013, Directed by Juno Mak, China & Hong Kong)
- Blue My Mind (2017, Directed by Lisa Brühlmann, Switzerland)
- La Llorona (2019, Directed by Jayro Bustamante, Guatemala)
- Peninsula (‘반도’, 2020, Directed by Yeon Sang-ho, South Korea)
Honestly, I don’t go looking for international films. My criteria when I was making my A to Z list was 1.) films I hadn’t seen (or hadn’t seen in a long, long while) and seemed interesting/I’d heard of, 2.) newer films, and obviously, 3.) films with a certain first letter.
I actually didn’t watch any other movies during April. I did watch last year’s The Great British Bake-Off and am watching/catching up on The Good Place, since we currently have Netflix. I did watch one other documentary (thus far) on Shudder, Horror Noire, which I definitely recommend.