Friday & Saturday, Aug. 7th-8th, is the second annual “Reverse” 24-hour Readathon. What’s reverse about it? Instead of starting (in the US) Saturday morning, it starts Friday evening. So, for me in Arizona, it will start at 5pm on Friday instead of 5am Saturday.
Will I end up reading more than I usually do during a 24-hour readathon? Probably not. I do like my sleep…
Hour 19 – 20
Finished House of M. Yeah, I know. I’m slow.
And my Deal Me In, Week 32 story: “Some Cupids Kill With Arrows” by Tansy Rayner Roberts. This story was a delight and a great pick-me-up after the heartbreak of House of M.
Hour 17 – 18
Still reading Draft No. 4. All those short stories yesterday made me feel like a speedy reader! Peanuts for a snack.
I have to put Draft No. 4 away for a while. There’s some heavy stuff to think about. And I’ve been sitting in the front room with the laptop and I think it’s finally gotten too hot for that. Time to adjourn to the office…
Finishing House of M and snaking more than expected. This time it’s a Nature Valley dark chocolate, peanut & almond granola bar.
Hour 15 – 16
Picking up Draft No. 4 by John McPhee at Ch. 4. Coffee and donuts (a powdered sugar and a plain Softee) for breakfast!
- What are you reading right now? Just woke up; coffee’s brewing.
- How many books have you read so far? Finished 5 short stories & 2 comic collections.
- What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? I still have Destroyer in my queue and finishing Draft No. 4 this morning.
- Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? No major interruptions aside from sleep.
- What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I feel like I’ve already read more than usual, even though I’ve not going to log as many hours as a regular readathon.