Calling it a night. Or maybe I’ll be back up after a nap…
Did I say something about not being sleepy? My husband shared some of his sour gummies with me; much needed zing. I decided instead of skipping to another book I’d continue with I’ll Be Gone in the Dark.
That was quite a game. I’ll admit, I did more watching than reading. Good luck to Texas Tech on Monday!
But I did finish The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl, Vol. 8: I’ve Been Waiting for a Squirrel Like You.
Mid-Event Survey (Even though we’re past halfway…)
- What are you reading right now? I’m going to take out the garbage,maybe take a walk, and then start on The Hellbound Heart.
- How many books have you read so far? I read about a third of a book, listened to a third of a book, and read one comic collection.
- What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Looking forward to some Clive Barker, but might also check out something magic themed from Hoopla.
- Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Just been going with the flow.
- What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I’m surprised that I’m feeling pretty awake. Though maybe I shouldn’t be considering the amount of caffeine I’ve had…
I had four and a half hours left on Tesla: Man Out of Time and I listened to it all. During which, I played EverQuest 2—I “tradeskilled,” leveling my provisioner/chef from level 15th to 22nd level.
Now, dinner of pepperoni pizza and a little basketball. I’m going to have the Michigan State v. Texas Tech game on while reading some The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl.
Lunchtime! I’m going to have a bacon cheddar BBQ burger and an Orange Vanilla Coke Zero. On the reading front, I’m about halfway done with I’ll Be Gone in the Dark, but I think I’m going to switch over to the Tesla audio book for a while.
That was such a good nap. I dreamed I ate lunch at some sort of cafe. The waitress brought food out at random (first the entree, then desert, then bread sticks…) and kept saying “April Fool’s.” Now back to my reading…
Had breakfast of yogurt and a granola bar while reading some of I’ll Be Gone in the Dark. Despite a mug and a half of coffee, I think I’ll go back to sleep for a while. Morning naps are one of my favorite things.
Man, 5am is early. I tried all week to shift my wake up time; alas, in vain. But here I am, a little late, hazelnut coffee in hand.
Getting to Know You Survey
- What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Tempe, AZ
- Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl! The plus side of being lazy about reading my library books is that I still have Squirrel Girl anthologies on hand for the late hours of readathon.
- Which snack are you most looking forward to? Despite my pumpkin pie threat, I don’t really have any snacks planned. I’ll probably just eat like normal.
- Tell us a little something about yourself! This April I’m also participating in Camp NaNoWriMo, which is the gentler form of National Novel Writing Month. But it’s been a slow writing month thus far…
- If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? I’m going a little more unstructured today. More like a chill-a-read-a-thon.